Wednesday 10 April 2013

Juggling

I've never been to the circus, and I've always had my doubts that any circus is "The Greatest Show on Earth." I also don't have a penchant for clowns, so it's quite surprising that I have a fondness for their tricks -- well, really just for juggling. After all, who doesn't love a juggler?




Scenario: a guy over at my place. We're making dinner, having rather normal conversation, when he casually picks up three tomatoes and starts juggling. Suddenly, he moves from being a slightly dull, uninspiring suit to a guy with magic. Yes, 'magic' may be slightly hyperbolic, but to me juggling represents an ability to keep hold of the childhood desire for fun and creativity even while we shuttle through adulthood with -- as some people choose -- all its mundane routines and responsibilities. Thus, the wondrous hold that juggling has on me.


What I didn't realize about learning to juggle: it's incredibly stress-relieving. I expected dropping balls over and over again to be frustrating, but how can you get frustrated at something that, at its premise, is designed for no other purpose but fun? And fun it is.


So, how exactly does one learn to juggle? 


1) First step, Google "learn how to juggle." 


2) Next, go to the first website from the search, a website aptly titled "Learn How to Juggle."





3) Then, ask your co-worker who juggles for advice, which includes things like: juggle in front of a door in order to stand still and not 'chase your balls' (these were probably her exact words) when juggling.






4) Of course,keep practicing...





5) And finally, have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment