Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Cupcake


I could have been drunk every night for a week. Instead, I chose a week-long sugar high.

One of the recent suggestions added to my 40-Before-40 List: create a signature ‘Heidi’ drink. I could have done that, could still do that, but as someone who is simply content with a draft beer, a glass of good wine, or a refreshing gin and tonic, I didn’t think I needed to establish a drink of my own. Plus, a drink named ‘Heidi’ would seemingly need to include heavy cream or a pound of cheese or a mountain goat. And I don’t think I’m ready for that.

Baked goods, however, I’m always ready for. So I’ve been trying to create a signature cupcake. The beauty of this idea? It could take all year, and even the mistakes will be delicious.

Cupcake #1:
Lemon sour cream cupcake



                                            Blackberry filling

  






Blackberry cream cheese frosting

      







Cupcake #2:

Chocolate cupcake


Chocolate cream filling

              




Blackberry cream cheese frosting 
(I had extra from the lemon cupcakes and didn't want to waste it.)



Days: 20 & 24
Countdowns: 21 & 17
Suggestion: create a signature cupcake


No comments:

Post a Comment