Friday 1 March 2013

Ten Little-Known


Day: 6
Countdown: 35
Suggestion: Be “a grown-ass woman!”

My colleague would like me to share more of myself with others.  So be it. Thus, I bring you Ten Fun Facts of Heidi:

10) Even though I’ve flown a lot, I still close my eyes and clutch the armrests during landings.

9) When I use the upstairs bathroom in my apartment, I never close the door.

8) I’ve never done any drugs. However, in order not to be seen as prim and priggish, I have told some people a fabricated story about trying pot.

7) On runs, I sometimes listen to the song “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz on repeat. After the run, I might even sing the song in the shower.

I'm Yours

6) When I moved abroad for the first time, I cried saying good-bye to my parents in the airport. I didn’t fully stop crying until after the plane had taken off.

5) When I’m playing games with little kids and they cheat, I don’t know what to do.

4) My first kiss was not very special or momentous. Luckily, I’ve had a lot of great kisses since then.

3) I have illegally entered two different countries. Each time, I was traveling with the same person.

A boat illegally deposited us onto a beach. No immigration office for miles.


2) I once ran out of a store after a thief, chased him to the running car that he then jumped into, and tried to hang on to the door handle as the car pulled away.

1) When I was a kid, my older brothers caught me dancing and lip-synching to Van Halen’s “Jump.” The ‘dance moves’ consisted of me repeatedly jumping from the floor, doing a split over the footboard of my bed, and landing on my mattress.


The move I was trying to emulate.


I am so lucky I grew up in Kent where, at 11, you were kind of cool no matter what.




No comments:

Post a Comment